ALERT: 5.9 Earthquake Strikes Mexico. Apr 21 18:16 at epicenter (13m ago, 10km Lazaro Cardenas, depth 74km).
Earthquake Magnitude 5.9 strikes southern region of Mexico, 5.1 aftershock follows
5.9 earthquake strikes West Coast; 7.0 quake hits Mexico
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake has struck the Pacific Ocean about 160 miles west of the coast of Oregon, the U.S Geological Survey said, but no tsunami is expected.
A second much larger quake, registering 7.0, was felt near Michoacán, Mexico, a few minutes later.
5.9 quake strikes western Mexico
A strong 5.9-magntiude earthquake hit western Mexico on Sunday, the US Geological Survey reports.
- 2013-04-22 01:16:33 UTC
- 2013-04-21 18:16:33 UTC-07:00 at epicenter
- 2013-04-21 21:16:33 UTC-04:00 system time
18.159°N 102.080°W depth=28.5km (17.7mi)
- 21km (13mi) NE of Las Guacamayas, Mexico
- 25km (16mi) NNE of Lazaro Cardenas, Mexico
- 25km (16mi) NE of La Orilla, Mexico
- 61km (38mi) SSE of La Mira Tumbiscatio, Mexico
- 341km (212mi) WSW of Mexico City, Mexico