ARCTIC FREEZE CHAOS: UK FACES GAS RATIONING IN RECORD COLD SNAP
Blizzards, 60mph gales and panic buying: 36 hours of snow chaos on the way
HEAVY snow is expected over the next 36 hours as Britain shivers on the coldest March weekend for 50 years.
Up to 16ins will fall over high ground with several inches likely across much of the UK, the Met Office said last night.
Over 1,000 schools were shut and transport was disrupted as any hopes of spring were dashed by yet another onslaught of snow and flooding today as temperatures fell as low as -12C (10F).
Could we face gas rationing? British gas reserves could run dry in 36 HOURS after freezing householders turn the heating up
- Plunging temperatures forced millions to turn up their heating
- Shortfall could add more than £200 to family bills, analysts warn
- Gas stores at their lowest level for three years with snow forecast
- Government insists gas needs are ‘continuing to be met’
- Britain relying on pipelines from Norway and shipments of liquefied gas
- Energy giant SSE was of ‘very real risk’ of lights going out
- Downing Street spokesman said: ‘It is absolutely clear that supplies are not running out’
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2297296/British-gas-reserves-run-dry-36-HOURS-freezing-householders-turn-heating-up.html#ixzz2OPmocc2a
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook