Blogger’s First Person Abortion Posting Draws Fire
The writer, a blogger named Mikki Kendall, was relaying her first person account of supposedly nearly hemorrhaging to death because a hospital doctor refused to perform the one procedure that would save her life, an abortion. Here was the quote I pulled:
I don’t know if his objections were religious or not; all I know is that when a bleeding woman was brought to him for treatment he refused to do the only thing that could stop the bleeding. Because he didn’t do abortions. Ever.
The story headline and subtitle: “Abortion saved my life: I almost died in an emergency room because the doctor on call refused to perform a necessary procedure.”
Quoting Kendall from her article:
- “The doctor on call didn’t do abortions. At all. Ever. In fact, no one on call that night did.”
- “A very kind nurse risked her job to call a doctor from the Reproductive Health Clinic who was not on call, and asked her to come in to save my life…. The doctor who didn’t do abortions was supposed to have contacted her (or someone else who would perform the procedure) immediately. He didn’t.”
- “I don’t know if his objections were religious or not; all I know is that when a bleeding woman was brought to him for treatment he refused to do the only thing that could stop the bleeding. Because he didn’t do abortions. Ever.”
- “My two kids at home almost lost their mother because someone decided that my life was worth less than that of a fetus that was going to die anyway.”
- “My husband had told them exactly what my regular doctor said, and the ER doctor had already warned us what would have to happen. Yet none of this mattered when confronted by the idea that no one needs an abortion.”
Kendall was clearly accusing a doctor of standing by to let her bleed to death because he opposed abortion, right?