New Report: More Than 500 Killed In Government Crackdown On Protesters
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood Urging Supporters To Return To The street
Death toll from Egypt violence rises to 525
CAIRO (AP) — Egyptian authorities on Thursday significantly raised the death toll from clashes the previous day between police and supporters of the ousted Islamist president, saying more than 500 people died and laying bare the extent of the violence that swept much of the country and prompted the government to declare a nationwide state of emergency and a nighttime curfew.
Islamists call Cairo protest march as Egypt death toll mounts
‘Obama golfs, Kerry lectures, Egyptians die in droves
Horrifying moment Egyptian protestors pushed an armoured police van 50ft off a bridge before officers were stoned by mob
- The van was pushed off the 6th October Bridge in the Egyptian capital of Cairo during clashes
- After it landed, protesters attacked it and threw stones at the wreckage while under fire from police
- Not clear how many people were on board or their injuries although reports claim on Twitter that five died
- 278 people have died across country after security forces raided camps set up by ousted Morsi supporters
- Sky cameraman Mick Deane, a 61 year old father of two, was shot and killed as he reported on the violence
This is the horrifying moment an armoured police vehicle was pushed off a bridge by Egyptian protestors in a day of violence which left at least 343 people dead.
The van plunged off the 6th October Bridge before demonstrators attacked the wreckage yesterday. It is not known how many people were on board and how many people survived the fall, but bloodied men were seen lying around the van moments afterwards. Unconfirmed reports on Twitter claimed five were dead.
The dramatic pictures show the van being ambushed by dozens of people before crashing through a protective fence on the bridge. It then falls upside down and then rolls onto its roof as it lands. Blood can then be seen on the ground as nearby police officers pull injured men out of the crushed vehicle.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2392992/Egypt-protests-Horrifying-moment-Egyptian-protestors-push-armoured-police-van-50ft-Cairo-bridge-officers-stoned-mob.html#ixzz2c2tnXu53
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
- advertisements -