Kitco News caught up with Senator Rand Paul on the sidelines of FreedomFest in Las Vegas to discuss the gold standard. His father, former member of the US House of Representative Dr. Ron Paul, has been known to advocate a return to a gold standard and Kitco News’ Daniela Cambone asked Sen. Rand Paul if he would carry the torch. The senator thinks a commission would be needed to study whether a gold standard is feasible. Paul aims at bolstering the US dollar and he thinks the issue of QE needs to be addressed. “Bernanke has been expanding the money supply exponentially and it is leading to an illusion,” Paul said. This illusion led to the recession we are in now, Paul added. WATCH NOW to hear his take on the US economy and the gold standard. Kitco News, July 16, 2013.
- Next story Rand Paul: Hard To Believe Clinton Didn’t Know About Weapons Being Sent From Benghazi To Syria
- Previous story Jim Rogers: 50% Correction in Markets not Uncommon
Today's Top Stories
- Big Brother Facebook: Now Can Identify You Without Seeing You or Your Face
- Obama Signs Executive Order Permanently Implementing Martial Law
- Depopulation test run? 75% Dead or Hospitalized In Mexico From Vaccines
- Horror: Black Youths Mock Man Beaten Half To Death And ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protesters Burn American Flag…from Deportation (Graphic Videos)
- Greece Debt Crisis: Banks To Stay Closed On Tmr And Wednesday! The Audacity Of Lagarde – Exempt From Taxes And Putin, Lagarde Discuss Greferendum, Not Russia’s Aid To Athens
- TV IS DYING
- Bill Holter: A ‘Global Margin Call’ Could Commence At Any Moment.
- Bare Supermarket Shelves In Greece Should Be A Huge Wake Up Call To Millions Of Clueless Americans
- THE NEW WORLD ORDER MESSAGE IN TERMINATOR GENISYS MOVIE REVEALS GLOBAL PLAN
- Is it me, or is everything related to Obamacare just a little bit out of whack?
- Gregory Mannarino – Frankenstein Debt Monster Has Peaked, Confidence in Financial System Lost
- Greece: You are on the verge of freeing your nation from the debt money system. Don’t let us down now.