Eight Democratic senators call on Creepy Al Franken to resign after latest sexual misconduct allegation
- Eight Democratic senators are urging Sen. Al Franken to resign amid sexual misconduct allegations.
- The Minnesota Democrat vehemently denies the latest accusation against him — by a woman who says he tried to forcibly kiss her in 2006.
- A Senate ethics investigation into Franken’s behavior is already taking place.
In statements Wednesday, eight of Franken’s Democratic colleagues pushed for him to step down. Among them was Patty Murray of Washington, the third-ranking Senate Democrat and the highest ranking woman. Here are the Democrats, mostly women, who have called for him to step down:
- Kirsten Gillibrand of New York
- Mazie Hirono of Hawaii
- Claire McCaskill of Missouri
- Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire
- Patty Murray of Washington
- Kamala Harris of California
- Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin
- Bob Casey of Pennsylvania