Sometimes you just have to laugh – or you will cry. In what could well have been Tuesday Humor if it wasn’t so real, the AIG board (fulfilling its shareholder fiduciary duty) is considering joining Hank Greenberg’s suit against the government over the cruel-and-unusual bailout that saved the company. The $25bn lawsuit, as NY Times reports, based not on the basis that help was needed but that the onerous nature “taking what became a 92% stake in the company with high interest rates and funneling billions to the insurer’s Wall Street clients” deprived shareholders of tens of billions of dollars and violated the Fifth Amendment (prohibiting the taking of private property for “public use, without just compensation”). The ‘audacious display of ingratitude’ comes weeks after the firm has repaid the $182 billion bailout funneled to it and its clients by an overly generous Treasury. The firm has asked for 16 million pages of government documentation, this “slap in the face of the government” portends a question of whether the government will sue The Fed for enabling the recovery that strengthened Greenberg’s case that the bailout was so harsh. Happy retirement Tim Geithner.
- Next story DIPLOMAGEDDON: U.S. Student Loan Bailout Signals Closing of the American Mind
- Previous story Iran Now Has Nuclear Bombs. Their program is successful.
Today's Top Stories
- Greece Was Never The Main Story, The Eurozone’s Bigger Weak Economies Travel The Same Road, All It Will Take Is A Few Tens Of Thousands Of Like-Minded Italians, Spaniards And Portuguese To Crash Their Local Banking Systems. Get Your Money Out Of The Local Bank!
- Feds ‘lose’ audits for Fort Knox Gold
- Paul Craig Roberts Says Sunday’s Vote Will Determine Liberty Or Serfdom
- Jade Helm electronic countermeasure foils WiFi tracking
- This Recession Is Really A Depression -Ron Paul
- Guess What Happened The Last Time The Chinese Stock Market Crashed Like This?
- Prescription painkillers linked to high homicide rates – study
- WORLD CRISIS: SHANGHAI INDEX CHINA SYNDROME MELTDOWN CONTINUES AS BEIJING SUSPENDS MORE THAN 20 SHORT-SELLING ACCOUNTS
- Obama was greeted by Confederate flag supporters when he got to Tennessee
- Greece: Pensioners come to Blows as Bank Queues form in Athens
- TSA to Require Americans to have a Real ID card to fly
- Fake Jobs Number, Propaganda & Lies. America Is Failing. By Gregory Mannarino