Two weeks ago, we showed that when it comes to parabolic charts, Europe sure has a variety to choose from. Yet none are quite as parabolic as the chart enabling it all: the Bundesbank’s TARGET2 claims toward the rest of the Eurosystem, or as we have repeatedly explained (and as Jens Wiedmann confirmed), the sunk cost that Germany will have to foot once the Euro experiment ends, and the EMU falls apart.. which judging by recent developments in Greece, and now Spain, could be as soon as in a few weeks. The number as of April 30? €644,182,010,456.05, which is exactly 25% of German GDP, and an increase of €28.6 billion in April and €181 billion in 2012 alone! Putting this number in perspective, imagine that the Fed had an “assets” totalling $3.85 trillion that would eventually be utterly worthless. This “money” represents a receivable that the Bundesbank will never, repeat never, get back, once Greece exits the Eurozone, and sets a precedent for all the other insolvent European countries, leading to the end of the European monetary experiment. It also means that the asset base backing the liability side of the Bundesbank will soon get obliterated. So the real question is: do German taxpayers feel like sinking costs which will never be repaid, and which serve merely to preserve the myth of viable German export markets, thereby keeping the illusion that the German intra-Eurozone export industry is alive and well, while in the process obliterating the balance sheet of their far more prudent central bank? Or will the German population say “genug” and force the Bundesbank to stop funding the current account deficit ways that it has been enabling for years? The choice is theirs. Just don’t come crying to the Fed when this number is 100% of GDP and everything falls apart.
- Next story Hitler finds out Germany is in hyperinflation
- Previous story GAWKER: Bulls**t Announcement… “The president stressed that this is a personal position, and that he still supports the concept of states deciding the issue on their own.”
Today's Top Stories
- Michael Pento: Most Dangerous Time-Since the History of Economics, Every Asset in a Bubble, Except Gold and Silver
- One Of The World’s Top Universities Is Offering All Of Their Courses Online, To Anyone, For Free
- The Govt’s Reason For Seizing This Veteran’s Land Should Have Every American Outraged, “There comes a point where you have to stand up for what you believe in.”
- Stupid Selfies: Is The Millennial Generation Screwed?
- Why Is Gold Not Reacting To Greece? – RBC’s George Gero
- ‘Greece will collapse this week and people will be terrified’ – Jim Rogers
- Another Federal Circuit Court Unravels Second Amendment Gun Rights
- Govt Declares War On Alternative Medicine
- Massive Greek “No” Protest In Front Of Parliament – Live Feed
- SUPREMES: STATES CAN’T FORCE VOTERS TO PROVE CITIZENSHIP
- ‘Greece should Grexit which is fantastic, they could restart their economy’ – Max Keiser
- The Consequences…500+ Gay Pride Youth Burned Alive in Taiwan + ‘Black Lives Matter’ Protesters DISRUPT Chicago Gay Pride Parade!! Pandemonium Ensues