Infographic: Are Internships Still Worth It?
We just finished compiling an infographic determining whether internships are a worthwhile endeavour or not for college students. Some of the interesting facts we uncovered:
- In 2011, over half of the internships were paid (approximated at 52%).
- A college freshman intern makes $13.91 per hour on average.
- In 2011, 61.2% of employers made full-time offers to their interns, out of which 86.5% of the interns accepted.
- 61% of paid interns received job offers compared to 38% of unpaid interns.
- Online networking (Facebook, LinkedIn, etc) was pointed out as the least affective method of recruitment.
Brought to you by: OnlineColleges.net