While the world is gripped in yet another great distraction over the great “will he, won’t he” start World War III debate, things that are unsustainable remain unsustainable. Such as Japan’s debt, and specifically the amount of cash interest that the nation with the 230% debt/GDP (and rising interest rates) will have to pay to service its gargantuan balance sheet. According to a document seen by Reuters, Japan expects to spend a record $257 billion to service its debt during the next fiscal year. The amount to be allocated for debt-servicing for the year that will begin on April 1 is nearly as large as the gross domestic product of Singapore, which the World Bank put at $275 billion at the end of 2012. More disturbing, this is a 14% increase in the debt interest cost in just one year. And yes, it is unsustainable absent an epic inflationary episode to “inflate away the debt”, something that Abenomics has so far failed in achieving despite some hopeful early glimmers in crushing the Yen.
- Next story War Against Syria Would Be The Least Popular War In American History
- Previous story Americans Would Rather Get a Root Canal or a Colonoscopy than Launch War Against Syria
Today's Top Stories
- Feds ‘lose’ audits for Fort Knox Gold
- Jade Helm electronic countermeasure foils WiFi tracking
- Multiple False Flag Set Up: “Perfect Storm” on Fourth Say Feds
- Paul Craig Roberts Says Sunday’s Vote Will Determine Liberty Or Serfdom
- Greece, China, and Russia – a Plan B for Greece
- Prescription painkillers linked to high homicide rates – study
- WORLD CRISIS: SHANGHAI INDEX CHINA SYNDROME MELTDOWN CONTINUES AS BEIJING SUSPENDS MORE THAN 20 SHORT-SELLING ACCOUNTS
- LEAKED: How the Biggest Banks Are Conspiring to Rip Up Financial Regulations around the World
- Meanwhile in CHINA:Chinese Stocks Just Lost 10 Times Greece’s GDP
- Big Brother Russia? Gets Involved And Waits In Wings As Greek Debt Crisis Deepens; Tells Europe To Respect The Greek Choice!!!
- They Want To Use ‘Hate Speech Laws’ To Destroy Freedom Of Speech In America
- Greece: ‘Oxi’ – Thousands rally in Athens in support of ‘no’ vote