The Los Angeles Fire Department is urging residents to stay indoors Thursday night as a new round of powerful Santa Ana winds is supposed to hit.
The Fire Department will operate with an additional 21 engines deployed Thursday night and will have additional staffing and brush patrols throughout Friday evening, said Fire Chief Brian Cummings.
The department has received about double the amount of calls it usually receives since the storm began Thursday.
“If you don’t have to go out, don’t,” he said. “If you are out, watch out for any debris, downed power lines, fallen trees and fallen debris.”
More than 1,200 traffic signals were affected by the storm. About 800 had been repaired by Thursday afternoon. – LA Times