LAST WEEK REPUBLICANS VOTED AGAINST SPENDING CUTS FOR BIG-BUSINESS SUBSIDIES.
WHY ARE ALL THESE THINGS ARE OFF LIMITS FOR BUDGET CUTTING:
1. Annual Direct Federal Subsides To Industries:
Farm = $16 billion
Airline = $68 billion
Oil = $35 billion.
Coal = $86 billion
Natural Gas = $100 billion
Ethanol = $173 billion
Flood Insurance = $12 billion
Total = $490 billion
This doesn’t count state subsidies. Texas State Subsidies Oil/Gas total $1.4-billion
Indirect Federal, State and Local Oil Subsidies including
Tax breaks, Delpletion Allowance, Oil Pipelines, Monitoring,
Transportation, Remote Sensing/Mapping (USGS), etc. less
Indirect Spending = $310 billion.
Total Government Subsidies to Businesses: $800-billion.
2. Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley received $1 million in federal Farm handouts over 11 years.
3. Grassley’s son received $699,248.
4. Micheal Bachmann has Recieved $251,973 in corn and milk subsidies.
5. In just four Republican Districts in Texas, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas the government
handed out $5.4-billion in farm subsidies to big argi-business.
6 In 2005 alone, the US government spent $4.9 billion guaranteeing Corn and Milk prices.