The minimum wage went up in 13 states around the country on Wednesday, some through straight increases and others through cost-of-living adjustments. California will raise its minimum wage to $9 in July, and Washington, DC and parts of Maryland will also see increases this year. While the federal minimum wage remains $7.25, 21 states have minimum wages above that amount. President Barack Obama and fellow Democrats are poised to push to increase the federal wage in 2014. Republicans oppose the measure. RT’s Sam Sacks talks to Brian Doherty, senior editor at Reason magazine, about the pros and cons of increasing the minimum wage.
- Next story Opinion on Obama Care Turns Negative, NYT Benghazi Whitewash, Bank Bail-ins Coming in 2014
- Previous story EXPLAINED: The New World Order Agenda
Today's Top Stories
- Michael Pento: Most Dangerous Time-Since the History of Economics, Every Asset in a Bubble, Except Gold and Silver
- One Of The World’s Top Universities Is Offering All Of Their Courses Online, To Anyone, For Free
- The Govt’s Reason For Seizing This Veteran’s Land Should Have Every American Outraged, “There comes a point where you have to stand up for what you believe in.”
- Stupid Selfies: Is The Millennial Generation Screwed?
- ‘Greece will collapse this week and people will be terrified’ – Jim Rogers
- Why Is Gold Not Reacting To Greece? – RBC’s George Gero
- Another Federal Circuit Court Unravels Second Amendment Gun Rights
- Govt Declares War On Alternative Medicine
- Asteroid Apocalypse: NASA & National Nuclear Defense Team Up
- Massive Greek “No” Protest In Front Of Parliament – Live Feed
- SUPREMES: STATES CAN’T FORCE VOTERS TO PROVE CITIZENSHIP
- ‘Greece should Grexit which is fantastic, they could restart their economy’ – Max Keiser