Must-Know News – Feb. 08, 2011
by Saxplayer00o1, ZH
- China Raises Key Interest Rates to Counter Inflation (Bloomberg)
- Egypt approves 15-percent pay raise for government employees (Xinhua) which supposedly are 70% of all employees
- Citigroup Settles Fraud Cases Tied to Texas Mortgage Assigner (Bloomberg)
- Rival Koreas meet for talks as tensions ease (Reuters)
- Misquoting Keynes (Hussman)
- Osborne raises bank levy to Â£2.5bn (FT)
- Rich Get Richer as Governments Tout Austerity (Bloomberg)
- Sara Lee profit misses, blames higher commodity costs, but company backs ’11 outlook (Reuters)
- Cash Buyers Lift HousingÂ (WSJ)
- Regulators seek to foil moves to undermine pay reform (Reuters)
- ECB Will Act Strongly Against Second-Round Effects, Mersch Says (Bloomberg)
- Report Urges G-20 Overhaul (WSJ)
- Protesters call for push to eject Mubarak (FT)
- Brussels stands by wider EFSF scope (FT)
- Get Ready for Rising Rates, Falling BondsÂ (Barrons)
European Economic Highlights:
- UK RICS House Price Balance -31.0% – higher than expected.Consensus -38.0%. Previous -39.0%.
- Switzerland Unemployment Rate for January 3.8% – in line with expectations.Consensus 3.8%. Previous 3.8%.
- Switzerland Unemployment Rate (sa) for January 3.5% – in line with expectations.Consensus 3.5%. Previous 3.5%.
- Bank of France Bus. Sentiment for January 110 – higher than expected.Consensus 108. Previous 107.
- France Central Govt. Balance (Euros) for December -148.8B.Previous -140.7B.
- France Trade Balance (Euros) for December -5.1B – lower than expected.Consensus -4.2B. Previous -4.1B.
- Germany Industrial Prod. (nsa wda) for December 10.0% – lower than expected.Consensus 11.5%. Previous 11.1%.
- Germany Industrial Prod. (sa) for December -1.5% m/m – lower than expected.Consensus 0.2% m/m Previous -0.6% m/m.