Obama promised in incredible number of things he knew or should have known would be impossible to deliver
by David Zamos
BUT, seemingly, he continued promising anything anyone wanted to hear in his successful effort to relocate to the White House, and, despite promising the most transparent administration in history, on Obama’s very first full day in the Oval Office, Obama sealed his personal records resulting in us knowing less about Obama’s live than we do about the life of even George Washington.
Additionally, only recently, Obama trampled all over Article 1 Section 8 of the US Constitution and flouted the War Powers Resolution of 1973 in the process when he illegally American troupes to become engaged in the Libya conflict without congressional approval.
Accordingly, let’s also do this: Demand Obama to explain why he made so incredibly promises in his pursuit of relocating to the White House only to summarily disregard those promises once he achieved his goal. These promises include but are not limited to his promise to broadcast all discussions of healthcare reform on C-SPAN and post the language of all pending legislation on the internet fully five days before any action is taken on it together with the following:
• Give a tax break to 95% of Americans.
• “If you make under $250,000, you will not see your taxes increase by a single dime. Not your income taxes, not your payroll taxes, not your capital gains taxes. Nothing.”
• Dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes.
• Eliminate capital gains taxes for small business and startup companies.
• Eliminate income taxes for seniors making under $50,000.
• Expand the child and dependent care tax credit.
• Create a universal mortgage credit.
• Eliminate oil imports from the Middle East in 10 years.
• Ensure that 10% of our electricity comes from renewable sources by 2012.
• Sign into law an employee free choice act — aka card check — to make it easier for unions to organize.
• Make employers offer seven paid sick days per year.
• Increase the minimum wage to $9.50 an hour by 2009.
• No more homeless veterans.
• Work in a “bipartisan way to preserve Social Security for future generations.”
• Match 50% of retirement savings up to $1,000 for families earning less than $75,000.
• Demand higher standards and more accountability from our teachers.
• Go through the budget, line by line, ending programs we don’t need and making the ones we do need work better and cost less.
• Lower health care costs for the typical family by $2,500 a year.
• Let the uninsured get the same kind of health insurance that members of Congress get.
Accordingly, I suggest that we balance the budget, make Obama answer for his lies and then summarily impeach him.3 views