REPORT: Vegas hotel insisted security guard only appear on ‘ELLEN’; Avoid tough timeline questions… JUDGE ORDERS MANDALAY: DON’T DESTROY EVIDENCE



Mandalay Bay owner insisted security guard Jesus Campos appear ONLY on Ellen and not be grilled by TV hardhitters fearing his answers to timeline questions could result in massive lawsuits from victims of the massacre

  • Jesus Campos, the Mandalay Bay hotel security guard who first alerted police to the Vegas gunman, appeared on Ellen for his first and only interview Wednesday
  • MGM, which owns Mandalay Bay,  thought Campos might not keep his story straight under the pressure of the TV lights and hard questioning
  • Campos booked interviews with all the major networks last week before cancelling at the last minute and disappearing
  • Union boss David Hickey  who was helping set up the deal, told DailyMail.com  ‘It certainly wasn’t my choice that he should appear on that circus’
  • Ellen did not press him on the official timeline of the shooting, which has changed three times since the massacre
  • MGM has disputed the official timeline, which insinuated they may have waited six minutes to call cops 
  • Police later changed the timeline again, saying that Campos immediately called in the shooting as soon as he was injured  

Mandalay Bay shooting hero Jesus Campos was pressured into giving his only interview to Ellen DeGeneres because the giant company that owns the Las Vegas casino feared he would spill the beans about the shooting timeline if he was grilled by real journalists, DailyMail.com has learned exclusively.

MGM is worried that families of the 58 people murdered as well as many of the 546 injured  in the Mandalay Bay massacre will launch lawsuits potentially worth billions of dollars against the company, sources tell DailyMail.com.

Article Continues Below

And they thought Campos might not keep his story straight under the pressure of the TV lights and tough questioning.

That is why Campos, 25, appeared on a daytime chat show hosted by a fast-talking, dancing comedienne, rather than take questions from TV hardhitters such as Fox News’ Sean Hannity, NBC News or ABC News.

‘MGM was behind the decision to call off all the interviews and did a deal with Ellen, knowing she would not play hardball on the timeline as long as she had the exclusive,’ a TV insider told DailyMail.com.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4996918/Hotel-insisted-Jesus-Campos-appear-Ellen-fearing-lawsuites.html

Mandalay Bay and its corporate owner MGM Resorts have been ordered not to destroy anything that could be considered evidence in a civil negligence trial over events related to the Route 91 music festival.

The order was sought by attorneys who represent Rachel Sheppard, a California woman who survived the attack, despite being shot in the chest three times.

“The shooter was in that hotel for six days,” says attorney Brian Nettles.

The order, granted by Judge Mark Denton, restrains Mandalay Bay from destroying anything of evidentiary value until another hearing set for Oct. 30 at 9 a.m. That’s when MGM will have a chance to argue against the ruling, before a possible ruling to would make the order permanent.

http://news3lv.com/news/local/motion-filed-to-preserve-evidence-in-1-october-shooting

151 views

Follow IWB on Facebook and Twitter