From Savage’s website:
* WHEN HE WAS SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE, GINGRICH FAILED TO DELIVER ON HIS SO-CALLED CONTRACT WITH AMERICA.
* · HE MADE ADS WITH NANCY PELOSI PROMOTING THE FALSE THEORY OF GLOBAL WARMING.
* · HE’S IN FAVOR OF AMNESTY FOR ILLEGAL ALIENS.
* · HE’S TAKEN HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS FROM FANNIE MAE AND FREDDIE MAC, TWO OF THE MOST CORRUPT FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS IN HISTORY.
* · HE’S CHEATED ON TWO WIVES AND LEFT BOTH OF THEM WHILE THEY WERE BOTH SERIOUSLY ILL, WHICH WILL DESTROY HIS CHANCES AMONG FEMALE VOTERS.
* · HE CALLED THE REPUBLICAN PLAN TO REFORM MEDICARE “RIGHT WING SOCIAL ENGINEERING.”
* · IN A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE AGAINST OBAMA, REGARDLESS OF HOW WELL HE DOES, ON TELEVISION, HE WILL COME OFF BADLY COMPARED TO OBAMA AND LOOK LIKE NOTHING MORE THAN WHAT HE IS: A FAT, OLD, WHITE MAN.
NEWT GINRICH IS UNELECTABLE. MITT ROMNEY IS THE ONLY CANDIDATE WITH A CHANCE OF DEFEATING BARACK OBAMA, AND THERE IS NOTHING MORE IMPORTANT THAN THAT FOR FUTURE HEALTH, SAFETY, AND SECURITY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. THEREFORE, I AM OFFERING NEWT GINGRICH ONE MILLION DOLLARS TO DROP OUT OF THE PRESIDENTIAL RACE FOR THE SAKE OF THE NATION.
Posted by Josh Price
November 20, 2011
Newt GingrichLet me preface this post by stating that I absolutely believe that Newt Gingrich has a brilliant policy mind that is second to none. With that, I am not supporting his campaign for the 2012 Republican Party Presidential nomination.
Why? Because he is the Barack Obama of the GOP — a self-aggrandizing, narcissistic “moderate” who will orient himself around whichever position of an issue maximizes his exposure and adds the most value to his coffers.
While Newt is certainly not a socialist like President Obama, there are similarities between the two. Both men laud their own professorial-type brilliance. They lecture us rather than approaching us like intelligent, engaged citizens who are concerned about the future of our great country. Oh, and they both support and advocate forcing you to buy health insurance.
Yes, the man who would have us believe he’s a conservative warrior in the mold of Ronald Reagan actively supported an individual healthcare mandate eerily similar to that in Obamacare.
The Center for Health Transformation, a health care thinktank founded by Gingrich, advocated requiring “anyone who earns more than $50,000 a year must purchase health insurance or post a bond.”
Every reference to this position has been removed from the Center’s Website because it tears away at the — to use a word loved by Newt — fundamental, conservative traditionalist front he is so desperately trying to display.
I’m reminded of how conservative radio host Michael Savage described Newt in his highly entertaining book The Political Zoo:
“The Georgia GOPAC Tick is a hard-shelled but soft-headed pest that sustains itself by sucking the blood out of any organism that will increase the tick’s much-desired power drive. It gains natural advantages through its seeming intelligence and clever concealment of weaknesses.
Like a Trojan Horse, the GOPAC Tick can change colors with the landscape.”
Gingrich isn’t a conservative. In fact, he is the worst kind of Republican — a self-promoting opportunist enriched by espousing mostly pseudo-conservative principles.