- Rudy Eugene, 31, tore into victim’s face with his teeth and growled
- Police believe he may have taken ‘bath salts,’ a potent new drug
- Images have been released of Ronald Poppo, 65, recovering in Miami hospital
- 70 per cent of victim’s face chewed off in ‘some of the most horrific injuries staff have ever encountered’
- Was still conscious when he was stretchered off to hospital
- Investigators trying to piece together last hours of Eugene’s life
- Girlfriend of Eugene thinks Voodoo curse caused attack
The mother and brother of the man nickname the ‘Maimi Cannibal’ said he would ‘never’ be capable of attacking another person and chewing his face off.
Ruth Charles does not believe police accounts that her son Rudy Eugene assaulted Ronald Poppo and tore 70 percent of his face off with his teeth — despite watching the horrifying surveillance video of the attack.
Poppo, a chronically homeless 65-year-old, survived the attack with little left of his face ‘but a goatee.’ Plastic surgery experts warn doctors will have to remove even more tissue before they can begin the lengthy, arduous process of rebuilding his face.
Scroll down for video
‘I knew my son. Rudy will never, never do something like that,’ Ms Charles told WPLG.
She, along with Eugene’s girlfriend and his brother have painted a radically different picture of the 31-year-old than the naked man seen using his teeth to tear flesh from another man’s face for 18 minutes.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2153047/Rudy-Eugene-Miami-cannibals-mother-doesnt-believe-son-attacked-Ronald-Poppo.html#ixzz1wVkbeZIL