Began day by looking at cat videos and Reddit for two hours
Took 90-minute lunch breaks
Also wasted time on eBay, Facebook and LinkedIn
Paid Chinese consulting firm $50,000 to do his work for him
Was praised for being ‘the best developer in the building’ and was described as ‘Someone you wouldn’t look at twice in an elevator’
It was nice work while it lasted.
A software developer making six-figures was fired after his bosses learned [...]
1. Do not bother sending one single resume if you do not have a personal reccomendation from someone who works where you are applying. Your degree/experience is of very minor importance compared to WHO YOU KNOW at the company you are trying to get a job at. I can tell you from watching the hundreds of new hires where I work, that every single one of them have a friend [...]
2.02million – 50.4% – minority births, says 2011 census
Caps decades of immigration growth that is now slowing
All births down in economic slump, but drop faster for whites
Minority population continues to rise to 114.1million, 36.6% of total
Data released as Supreme Court considers ruling on state’s strict immigration law
For the first time, racial and ethnic minorities make up more than half the children born in the U.S., in what has been described [...]
From Pragmatic Capitalism:
…”People continually label me a ‘perma-bear,’ which is inaccurate. I have been a perma-bull on fixed income for a very long time. The reason that Gluskin-Sheff hired me is that my job is to take the economic data points and put them together in a structure from which investments can be made.”
“A Forecast is nothing more than the midpoint of a distribution curve.”
When you talk about risk often [...]
Taxpayers earning £50,000 will have paid £14,183 in tax and National Insurance, with around a third, £4,727.67, going on welfare
George Osborne hopes transparency will improve public view of spending
Chancellor also considering merging income tax and National Insurance
Ministers thrashing out final Budget details
Wavering over whether to say top tax rate will come down to 40p in 2014
Every taxpayer is to get a personal annual statement revealing how each pound taken from [...]
From Sovereign Man:
Yesterday, we discussed certain events that, in my view, are nearly mathematical certainties. Things like a restructuring of public pensions and Social Security in Europe and the U.S. Western governments blocking Internet and mobile networks. War. The U.S. government being forced to issue debt in a foreign currency.
All of these events are underpinned by a simple premise:
1) Public and private debts included, most western nations are insolvent. Big [...]
I don’t care if home sales rise 20%. To me, that means there are still a lot of dummies out there falling for the “gimmicks” like tax breaks, etc. The bottom line is, prices must drop and are dropping (exclude the odd short term trends) because there are so many reasons pointing to the fact that property is many parts of the US is still 30% to 50% overvalued [...]
Here are the key takeaways:
* The working age population of the US went up by 191,000 over last month.
* According to your friendly neighborhood government bureaucrats at the BLS, the number of people in the workforce DECLINED by 348,000. They must have all hit the lottery.
* In the last year, the working age population has grown by 2 MILLION people, while the number of people in the workforce, ACCORDING [...]