Thanksgiving 2017: 21 Things I’m Grateful For
The realm of gratitude is boundless.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, here are 21 things I’m grateful for. This is a semi-random list drawn from the many things I’m grateful for, the most important of which are: after 48 years of work I still have my health and more work than I know what to do with; good friends; family; freedom, enough good luck that a few of the many stupidly high-risk bets I’ve made throughout my adult life paid off, and I have a garden and a library. (“The man who has a garden and a library has everything.” Cicero)
We all have our lists; here’s mine, in no particular order:
1. Dirt (if you like to eat, start by liking dirt)
2. Rain (dirt + rain + seeds + care = food)
3. Our home garden
5. Handmade leis
7. Extended family
9. Homemade cookies
10. Rainbows (Honolulu mauka)
11. homemade pizza
16. Camping in national parks (Glacier National Park)
Yellowstone National Park (tent camping, first snow of the season)
19. My fellow fiercely independent bloggers, publishers and writers.
20. My readers, correspondents, subscribers, patrons and financial supporters. I couldn’t generate all the free content and my books without you.
21. “He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.”
And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. (John 8:7-9)[views]