Some people may be oblivious to the recent historical interest rate moves being experienced in the bond markets. Many on Wall Street probably assumed that the Fed had an unlimited ability to pull the wool over the eyes of the American public. Yet the reaction with interest rates concludes an interesting chapter in American central banking policy. The Fed can no longer preach for a lower interest rate. After the brutal reaction, the Fed has softened its rhetoric on the “taper” of quantitative easing even though there is really no evidence showing the Fed is tapering anything at all. The quick reversal in interest rates signifies a strong reaction by the market. It is fascinating to see how much outside money is now flowing back into the US to purchase stocks, real estate, and other real tangible goods. In other words, global investors are now demanding payment for all that cheap credit lent out. The era of cheap debt is now reversing and the piper is demanding to be paid.
- Next story Bernanke Loses Control of the Fed, the Markets, and His Legacy With Once Sentence
- Previous story BREAKING: EXPLOSION IN MANHATTAN, PARTIAL BUILDING COLLAPSE, AT LEAST 6 INJURED
Today's Top Stories
- Scientists Baffled After Finding 10th Century Medicine that Kills Antibiotic-Resistant ‘Superbug’
- Helium is LEAKING from massive earthquake fault in LA raising fears ‘big one’ could be more devastating than thought
- World’s First 3D Printed Building To Open In Dubai
- Peter Schiff: The U.S. is just as broke as Greece, its just that we can print dollars & is much more problematic…
- As the eyes of the world focus on Greece & its impending default, another debt crisis closer home is rearing its head again
- REPORT: Failed promises threaten Dem turnout for 2016
- NEXT GREECE MAY BE IN USA: Lurking Debt Threatens Cities, States… Businesses Shuttered… Residents Living Day To Day…
- UK prime minister: The absolute privacy of Facebook and Twitter users can no longer be tolerated
- Greece Defaults! Is Puerto Rico Next?
- Barack Obama Promises That Events In Greece And Puerto Rico Will Not Cause A Global Financial Crisis
- BRAWL AT SC STATEHOUSE OVER FLAG STARS AND STRIPES BURNING IN NYC
- Gerald Celente: “China lowered their interest rates over the weekend, investors within Greece are in panic mode & the hypocrisy of Hillary Clinton on gay marriage. They all do the flip flop!”