<iframe width=”500″ height=”315″ src=”http://www.youtube.com/embed/hYpQFTPPFvQ” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen></iframe>
Stealth motorcycle for special forces being tested
Zero Motorcycles has created a stealth motorcycle for use by U.S. Special Operations Forces: The MMX.
The all-electric off-roader features a nearly silent powertrain, full blackout capability, wiring for infrared lighting systems and a keyless ignition for quick starts.
Zero’s New Special Forces Motorcycle
Zero motorcycles has created a new motorcycle for military use. It’s specifically designed for US Special Operations Forces who can make use of a silent running vehicle that can handle rough terrain. The bike is based off the Zero MX and has been modified to fit military standards with an array of features that are not available on civilian models.
Stealth on two wheels: The 2013 Zero MMX Motorcycle for the US Military
“It was a very rewarding experience for the Zero team to go through such an exacting development process. The military needed a very specific set of core features on the MMX, and we were incredibly thankful to work side-by-side with them to deliver such a unique product. The great news for our civilian customers is that we made the decision to incorporate into our 2013 MX, FX and XU retail motorcycles virtually all of the power train enhancements associated with satisfying this project’s stringent military requirements. Our 2013 product is truly ‘military grade’!” said Abe Askenazi, Chief Technology Officer for Zero Motorcycles.
2013 Zero MMX Military Motorcycle – Key Features
• Specialized military dash for quick and centralized mainline controls
• Keyless ignition engaged with dash toggle for quicker departure
• Modular and quick-swappable power packs
• Wet operational abilities in up to one meter submersion
• Switchable headlight for night-time stealth
• Integrated wiring to accommodate quick installation of front and rear infrared systems
• Safety override and reserve power capabilities to extend range during extreme situations
• Aggressive foot pegs and hand guards for optimal control
• Tie down eyelets with integrated tow cable and rear seat strap