Amazon reports is reporting its fourth quarter earnings this afternoon after the closing bell.
Amazon just released its numbers:
- $21.27 billion
- EPS: $.21
- 4th-quarter profit of $97 million (21 cents per share)
- Q1 Sales Guidance: $15-16.6 billion versus estimates of $16.85 billion
We’re going through it right now, More to come…
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/live-amazon-misses-estimates-on-earnings-revenue-and-guidance-2013-1#ixzz2JOxLeb5p
The most cartoonish stock of all time just came out with results that can only be characterized as WTF. To wit:
- Q4 revenue of $21.27 billion missed expectations of $22.23 billion
- Q1 EPS of $0.21 missed expectations of $0.27;
- The firm guided top-line lower, seeing Q1 sales of $15-$16 billion, below the estimate of $16.5 billion
- The firm guided operating income much lower, seeing Q1 op income of ($285)-$65 Million on expectations of $261.4 MM
- The firm said the its physical books sales had the lowest growth in 17 years
- Total employees grew by 7,000 in the quarter and 32,200 Y/Y to a record 88,400
- Worldwide net sales Y/Y growth was the slowest in years at 23%, down from 30% in Q3 and 34% a year ago
- And, last and certainly least, LTM Net Income is now officially negative, or ($49) meaning as of this moment the firm with the idiotically high PE has an even more idiotic N/M PE.
… And the stock is soaring in the after hours. Thank you DE Shaw.
- advertisements -